How To List Your Truck
You will need to take a series of high quality digital photos of your apparatus. With the sun to your back , take a profile of each side, keep the entire truck in the frame. Take photos of rear, front, pump panel, hose bed, compartments, interior, and any special equipment. Choose a good background and make sure the truck is clean. Good photos sell trucks. We will also need the basic specifications on your apparatus; Year, Make, Model, Mileage, Pump size, Tank size, and any equipment included in the sale. You can e-mail them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Preparing your apparatus for sale.
When putting your fire apparatus on the market you should consider the following:
1) Have your apparatus cleaned inside and out. Details such as waxing, sweeping out cab and compartments, Armoral the dash and other vinyl areas on the interior. It shows that the apparatus was well taken care of and pride of ownership. Remember you only have one chance to make a first impression.
2) Try to leave mounted brackets on the truck when possible. Removing them can leave screw holes.
3) Maintenance records and manuals should be included with the apparatus, if available, and records of any major work done such as pump, transmission, engine overhaul ect.
4) Current and past Pump Test Certificates and Aerial Certification should go with the truck.
5) Leave as much equipment on the apparatus as you can, any surplus equipment you can spare such as hose and nozzles will increase its value and sell it faster. Chances are the department purchasing your apparatus has a smaller budget and is looking for as much apparatus and equipment as they can get.
Call or e-mail us if you have any questions on listing your apparatus. 281 831 2737, firstname.lastname@example.org